SEO Specialist and Growth Hacker
I have specialised in optimising the customer journey from Google to Checkout, covering disciplines such as SEO, Content Marketing, and Conversion Optimisation.
I have twenty years of experience in digital marketing, tourism marketing, eCommerce optimisation (webshops, online booking, and two-sided marketplaces), and Growth Hacking / Growth Marketing.
My work, and results, has been featured in several Danish media outlets, like these from my work in Destination Marketing:
• Topplacering til Sjællands Vestkyst
• Sjællands vestkyst er et klik-hit
• Vestsjælland gik viralt – nu eksploderer antallet af turister http://*******.**)
• Prognose: Ny turistrekord
• Turisme-fremgang over lands-gennemsnit
During my career, I have:
• Met the 2021 growth goals for online revenue already in February 2019
• Hired, trained, and managed a team dedicated digital marketing
• Won the Silver Award at the Danish Digital Awards with the ’The World’s Most Relaxing Film.’
• Developed and executed content strategies for both B2B and B2C markets
• Increased traffic to http://*******.** with more than 400 %
• Improved the conversion rate for online sales with +192 %
• Lowered the OTAs share of online hotel bookings with -37 %
Pi Datametrics (agency Partner), SearchMetrics, Conductor Searchlight (Agency Partner), SEMrush (Agency Partner), MailChimp, http://*******.**, Microsoft Power BI, SEO Powersuite, Screaming Frog, Raven, DeepCrawl (Agency Partner), Facebook Business Manager, Google Data Studio, Cyfe, http://*******.** (Agency Partner), Fivetran (Agency Partner), Amplitude
Links for mere
- Are connected to events that are sponsored by Google.
- Are operated mainly by people who do not know or practise SEO
- Are run by old school SEOs that don’t like evidence-based methods or peer review.
- Don’t challenge google with tough questions or analysis.
- Weight the statements and claims of Google and others too highly.
SEO Pro News also owns and operates the follow websites: SEO Tool Lab, Internet Marketing Gold, SEO Editor PRO, SEO Fight Club
I support the ITAM organisation with SEO, Content Marketing, Link building, outreach, Web analytics, Conversion Optimisation, Digital Business Development
● Track and analyze overall SEO program success with regard to traffic, rank monitoring, indexed pages and backlinks.
● Report global SEO metrics and organic search performance to business development and management teams
● Provide reporting and analytics reports on performance as well as uncovering potential issues
● Determine the best keywords and user intent to make content recommendations for the contributors
We offer Search Engine Optimisation, Content Optimisation, and Conversion Optimisation for SME clients mainly in the Tech, Health, and hospitality industries.
Danish and Nordic Sales and Marketing partner for a selected group of SaaS and Enterprise SEO platform providers
● Perform audits of clients’ web analytics implementations and make recommendations to ensure accurate tracking is in place
● Identify new conversion opportunities and translate them into A/B and MVT test ideas that help clients meet their business objectives
● Analysing the client’s competitors, conduct Keyword Research, Technical SEO analysis, and Onsite-optimisation to maximizing search exposure
● Close cooperation with client stakeholders to influence their business outcomes and positive satisfaction
● Conversion Rate Optimisation & A/B Testing ( qualitative & quantitative research: surveys, user testing, web analytics, heatmap & user recording analysis, UX audit )
● Met online growth goals for 2020 in February 2019
● Increased website revenue from Organic traffic by +3.372 % from 2017 to 2019
● Generated 128 % faster growth than our closest competitor
● Raised the SEO Visibility Score by +275 % all while the hotel industry saw an avg. 37,78 % decrease in Visibility
● Organic lead and demand generation, developing new products and packages
● Identify new SEO growth opportunities via content gap analysis, keyword opportunities, competitive audits
● Develop hypotheses and build and execute A/B or multivariate tests according to the optimization strategy
● SEO strategy and KPI tracking for multilingual websites to attract non-paid traffic & improve visibility
● Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) including Heatmaps, A/B and MVT to innovate online booking effectiveness and boost user engagement and customer experience (CX)
● Manage SEO initiatives, including site-architecture, keyword research, on-page optimization and content optimization
● Content marketing focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action
● Reporting, data analysis & benchmarking (in tools as DeepCrawl, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SearchMetrics, Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
● Multilanguage content marketing and SEO strategies developed and implemented for the Business and Leisure segments
● Increase website traffic with +500 % national traffic and +1.000 % foreign traffic
● Maintain a position as the most visited tourism website outside of Copenhagen, outperforming Aarhus In spite of them being European Capital of Culture in 2017
● 5 % Increase in overnight stays in the destination by 5 % in my first year
● 7,4 % increase in overnight stays in the destination by 7,4 % in my second year (in comparison, the average national growth in overnight stays was 1,6 % YoY)
● Strategic and tactical responsibility for all digital marketing activities
● Team and project management (partners, agencies, and suppliers)
● Representation of VisitVestsjælland A/S in various industry networks and co-operations
● Advisor and sounding board to VisitVestsjælland’s partners
● Education and supervision of staff and partners in digital marketing, e.g. SEO/SEM, content marketing, and website optimisation.
● Use an iterative approach to optimization, continuously taking test results and new data into account in formulating tests and hypotheses.
● Maximizing the volume of organic traffic, and increase ticket sales, online bookings, and ROI
o Off- and onsite search engine optimisation
o Conversion optimisation
o Usability optimisation
Increased the conversion rate with 196 % via A/B split testing. Achieved and held several Top5 placements for industry relevant keywords in Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
The Danish ICT Industry Association (IT-Branchen) works to create a strong and digital community which exploits the full potential of the technologies for the benefit of the economy and the individual.
Postgraduate Diploma, Digital Marketing
Leadership and Management
CX, eCommerce and CRO
Social Media Marketing
Strategy and Planning
Search and Digital Channels
Diploma, Leadership Communication Academy
Diploma, Digital Leadership
Diploma, Digital Strategy and Planning
Diploma, Marketing Analytics
Diploma, Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies
Diploma, Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals
Diploma, Brand Management
Kontakt John Cooley
Worksome fjerner de dyre mellemled, og giver jer direkte kontakt med relevante talenter.
Opret et login og få mulighed for at skrive til John direkte i Worksome
32300+ kvalificerede freelancere
er klar til at hjælpe dig
Skriv hvad I skal have hjælp til
og få konkrete bud fra dygtige freelancere i Danmark